domenica, luglio 09, 2006

Lucy, I'm home!

Well, almost. I'm in Oslo, where I'm staying overnight before I make the last leg of the trip to Italy tomorrow (and then watch Italia win the World Cup!). Only took me about 31 hours to get from Vegas to here. Of which roughly 8 hours consisted of sleeping or trying to sleep in London Heathrow airport because the plane from Atlanta got in at 6:30 a.m. and they wouldn't let me check in my bags for Oslo until 4:30 p.m. for my 7 p.m. flight. (Oh yeah, and I couldn't get my ticket changed to fly to Naples because there's no Lufthansa desk at Gatwick OR Heathrow, and I was even willing to just throw away the Heathrow-Oslo-Munich-Naples tickets and buy one from London to Naples, until they told me it would be about $600 to do so.) On the bright side, I had lots of time at Heathrow to find some good deals on some good Scotch. Also on the bright side, for both my Atlanta to Vegas trip on the way out and my Vegas to Atlanta trip on the way back, my Super Silver Slugger Ultra-Frequent Airline Rider Blackbelt status on Delta got me upgraded to first class. Which was nice. And for the other flights, I had the biggest exit row seats known to man. On the down side, I went to the Brookstone's in the Atlanta airport this afternoon--no, wait, yesterday afternoon--and bought one of those Swiss Tempurpedic neck pillows that are supposed to contour to your neck and head and make you sleep really comfortably. We won't go into how much it cost, but let's just say it's worth every penny. Got the best airplane sleep I've ever had, and woke up with out so much as a minor crick in my neck (although I don't recommend not shaving for a week before using it). What's the downside, you ask? Well, it's now 12:30 here in Oslo, and I'm WAY too well-rested and not sleepy enough. Maybe Mr. Minibar over in the corner can suggest a solution.... Hey, I'm talking about the can of peanuts, okay? Aren't they supposed to make you sleepy?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

do those neck-pillows really work? I should get one. also, congratulations, Italy did win the World Cup!

2:18 AM, luglio 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

Sure, Italy won. But Zidane's headbutt surely must count for something.

10:14 PM, luglio 11, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, the expensive neck pillow worked really well. I'm not sure how it stacks up against the $9.99 one, but when I tried it in the store, that one didn't seem quite so supportive. Besides, you can afford the Swedish one.

10:26 PM, luglio 12, 2006  

Posta un commento

<< Home