lunedì, giugno 12, 2006

After a year here, I was due...

So I got in my car yesterday morning to go to church (because I'm good like that). Put the key in the ignition, looked over, and thought to myself, "hey, that's funny--I don't remember bare wires sticking out of where my stereo was last night." Then I though, "I don't remember leaving the glove compartment open and empty, either."

Losses: one car stereo, fifteen or so CDs (including a couple of my favorites--Lyle Lovett and Norah Jones among them), 30 liters of gas coupons, and the new linen suit that I had just bought the previous afternoon and only left in the car because I was going to take it in to get the pants hemmed yesterday.

At first I felt stupid because I had left the car unlocked in my carport (the guy apparently jumped the fence). However, I felt significantly less stupid when I found out that he drilled out the lock on my landlord's Mercedes to try and break in to that car. At least I saved myself the cost of a new lock or a new window.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

Lyle Lovett? Linen suit? Dude, you deserved to get robbed.

12:01 AM, giugno 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

Maybe you should get a dog.

2:45 AM, giugno 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

My husky makes a good watchdog. She'll watch the robber come in, watch him take all my stuff, and watch him leave. Might lick him to death, but that's about it.

6:46 AM, giugno 16, 2006  

Posta un commento

<< Home