venerdì, giugno 16, 2006

Happy anniversary

So in all the excitement of getting my credit card stolen and getting my car broken into and all that other good stuff, I let the one year anniversary of my arrival in Italy slip by without mention. This means, sadly, that I'm now halfway done my time here (unless I can get them to extend me two more months, which would be ideal so I can stay employed and making money and living it up in Italy until just before I start law school; otherwise I'll have to go home and paint houses for the summer or something).

One consequence of having been here for a year is that it's now time to re-register my car. Which means having a safety inspection done on base. Which means that I took my car in to a garage this week, and for the first time since owning it, every single light on the car actually works (well, I don't count foglights, because they're not required). So before they could break again, I took the car and got the inspection done yesterday. Of note, apparently you don't actually need to have a rearview mirror attached to pass the inspection.