sabato, luglio 02, 2005

I'm about fed up with Armed Forces Network TV programming. For those of you unfamiliar with AFN, they're basically a 10-channel cable network available via satellite to US forces stationed abroad; the hotel I'm staying at on base also has them. While they're willing to put on episodes of "Raven" and "George Lopez" and last night's "Tonight Show" and all the Fox News you could ever possibly want (I usually throw up after about 10 minutes worth), apparently the Live8 concerts are too cutting edge for them to carry on any of their 10 channels. Not like they have any sort of regular programming schedule that they'd be interrupting, either. So for the last several hours, I've been wandering around wearing my MP3 player, which also has an FM stereo, listening to some random-ass Italian station broadcasting (most of) the musical event of the year. Fortunately or not, they're mainly focused on the Philly concert, although I'd rather be hearing the Hyde Park performers. At least I'm not listening to the Rome music, where Faith Hill and Duran Duran are the only two performers of whom I've ever heard. Actually, they're moving around the concerts, and the random Italian bands at the Rome concert aren't so bad. Even if I can't understand a damn thing they're saying. I'll just consider it part of my immersion language-learning program.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

Actually, the music event of the year is the free Weezer / Red Hot Chili Peppers concert that the city of Las Vegas is putting on tonight a mile from my house. But listening to Live8 on your MP3 player is cool too...

5:00 AM, luglio 03, 2005  

Posta un commento

<< Home