lunedì, giugno 20, 2005

Today was very productive, as I learned many valuable lessons. These included:
-How to Get Gasoline
-How to Drive a Car with Manual Transmission in Traffic (unfortunately, I did not master the bonus lesson of How to Also Read Directions and Road Maps While Doing This, so I got a little
lost a couple times)
-How to Get from Where I'm Staying in the Hotel to Where I'm Working (On the Highway Only Because the Directions for the Back Way are too Confusing and I Can't Read and Shift at the Same Time Yet--see previous lesson)
-How to Shift Going Up and Down Hills and Exit Ramps
-How to Get and Fill Out a New Claim Form for Temporary Lodging After Losing the Old One That Has Already Been Signed by Everyone and Just Not Turned in Yet, Thus Requiring You to Start the Process Over
-Why I Have no Idea What My Job Is (Answer: I met my new boss today, and he's not really sure what my new job is)

Also, I've discovered that they are making it very difficult for me to do things like get a house or register my car, as I am going to London tomorrow through Saturday, then I'm on travel again next week Monday through Friday, then the following week Tuesday through Thursday (keeping in mind that Monday is a holiday). Doesn't really leave a whole lot of weekdays to get stuff done, does it? And the Paperwork Navy isn't open on weekends. And boy is there a lot of paperwork associated with getting a house and a car here.

On the bright side, I'm picking up on this stick-shift stuff like a champ.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

Hey...tell Tim its ok...Mrs. McGooByGooBy can be mushy any time she wants...hehe...glad you're getting the stick thingy down...you'd get car sick after a while...vroom jerk vroooom jerk vrooooom jerk...hehe...have a great day!!!!!

3:10 AM, giugno 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

One more thing, what is a blogger?????

3:12 AM, giugno 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

They want to know if you have a Blogger account (the service he uses to host his blog). Otherwise choose "other" and type your name in, or keep doing the Anonymous thing.

3:38 AM, giugno 21, 2005  

Posta un commento

<< Home