martedì, giugno 28, 2005

Norway has got to be the greatest country ever. Excellent public transportation, national healthcare, and the hottest women I have ever laid eyes on. And they're everywhere. All gorgeous, blue-eyed blondes. I got here to Oslo yesterday (for work), and I almost proposed marriage to about 15 different women between the airport and my hotel. It's just unbelievable. Spent a few hours last night in the company of one of the aforementioned gorgeous blue-eyed blondes (unfortunately, the time was not spent in the manner I would have chosen; we just hung out at a bar for a couple hours and chatted, then she collected her nearly-as-hot friend and left).

Yes, I really am that shallow.

The flight up here from Naples was bizarre. Or at least, the first leg, from Naples to Munich, was. I sat next to a guy from Saudi Arabia and he spent most of the flight trying to convert me to Islam. Turns out he's both a lawyer and a professor of religion (or maybe a lecturer on religion, or something, but he teaches at a university somewhere). Anyway, he gave me his take on each of the five major world religions, from oldest to youngest (Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, for those of you keeping score at home), and then explained to me why each of them except the last are all messed up. It was actually a good educational experience; outside of various sects of Christianity I have very little knowledge of other religions. He then went on about how Islam really is a peaceful religion--the most peaceful of the five, according to him--and how these extremists distort it to fit their own ends. It was certainly one of the more interesting airplane discussions I've had. He also went into how, in his mind, Bin-Laden, Saddam, Bush, Blair, and King Fahd are all pretty much the same. Then at the end of the flight he gave me a little booklet he had written about Mohammed (the prophet). Which I thought was very nice of him.

Also yesterday, the key to my car got stuck in the trunk lock when I was trying to lock it. And I couldn't get it out. And I had to get to the airport or else I was going to miss my flight. So I left it there. So if anyone wants to steal an old BMW, it's in the parking garage on base with the key stuck in the trunk lock. All you have to do is get the key out and start the car. Good luck to you.