mercoledì, luglio 06, 2005

Flew into DC last night from Naples (via Munich). And boy are my arms tired.

The flight from Munich was ridiculous--9+ hours, and the worst trans-Atlantic flight on which I've ever been, in terms of amenities. The meals and stuff were okay, but the TV screens were only over the middle row of seats, which meant you could barely see them from the aisle seats on the outer rows, and the poor girl next to me in the window seat couldn't see them at all. They only showed one movie, plus some other random crap, and that was it. Plus the seats were some of the most painfully uncomfortable in which I've ever flown. So let that be a lesson to you: never, ever use Lufthansa for trans-Atlantic travel (unless they're WAY cheaper); BA and Virgin know how to do it right.

On the bright side, I finally got a flight where I got to sit next to not the really overweight guy with B.O., not the cranky old lady with gout, not the annoying middle-aged businessman who's entirely full of himself and blabs on and on about nothing and won't shut up the whole ride, but rather, I got to sit next to the young, attractive, single, personable Italian woman. And all because I was nice enough to swap seats with some lady who wanted to sit next to her husband. Ah, but of course I can never be that lucky; the aforementioned Italian woman is an archeology student and will be interning in New Mexico for the next 5 months. Darn the luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

Excuse me Mr.Harvard, but I find that Lufthansa is a great airline...the German stiocisim mixed with about 5 FREE drinks isn't that bad. I mean come on! And hell, I even go to watch...wait for it...SEABISCUIT on the way back to the States! I don't what's better than watching a Hollywood blockbuster, wasted on German wine, sick with bronchitis, crying into a gay German flight attendant's apron.

I think you need to live a little.

By the way, I hate blogging, but now I'm addicted...I will never start my own...I promise...

5:49 PM, luglio 08, 2005  

Posta un commento

<< Home