lunedì, agosto 08, 2005

I'm finally moved out of my hotel and into my apartment. Well, sort of. I still need to unpack some of my stuff. Well, all of my stuff. And I don't have TV yet. And I don't have a phone (and consequently internet access) (and won't until Sep 2). But at least all my stuff is there and I could take a nap on my couch this afternoon after the movers left.

Bought my first piece of Ikea furniture today. Not because I had any burning desire to buy something from Ikea, but because there are no shelves in my storage room, and I really needed shelves, and Ikea was the only place I knew of nearby where I might be able to get them. That's the first time I've been to an Ikea, and after going through, I fail to see what all the fuss is about. I'm not a big fan of their styles, and it didn't seem to be priced particularly well, either, even for Italy. But at least I have shelves.

My landlord's mother brought me lunch today, which I thought was very nice of her since the food I currently have in the house consists of bread and oatmeal. I'm buying some groceries as soon as I get done here to remedy that. But yeah, it was a really nice pasta dish (surprise) with tomato sauce and little pieces of beef. Quite tasty. She also brought the movers and me coffee during the morning. Seems like a very nice old lady; too bad I can't understand a word she says. And vice-versa.

The only bad news today is that the drain for the washer is too small for the washer drainage hose. Now, I have two bathrooms. For reasons completely beyond my mortal comprehension, when God designed my apartment, He decided that the washer connection should be in one bathroom, and the dryer connection should be in the other bathroom. Anyone with any theological background that could help explain this mystery, please let me know. The bright side is that because the washer is in a bathroom, I can just drain it to the toilet until I can find an adapter for the drain hose connection. This was of great concern to me this morning when I realized I was wearing the last clean pair of underwear that I had packed. This afternoon, though, I realized that the movers had just delivered to me several more pairs of clean underwear; I just need to figure out in which box. Of course, they've been sitting in a box for the last two-and-a-half months, so I may just want to wash them anyway. At least it'll give me a chance to test the toilet drainage scenario. Or flood my bathroom floor. Either way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

Hmm, are you going to stand in there and keep flushing the toilet as the water drains? Let me know how long it takes to mop up all the water!! Why not use your bathtub instead.

I went to Ikea for the first time ever on Saturday. Unlike you, I loved it. Love their design -- clean and efficient. Prices were good too!

5:30 PM, agosto 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

I agree. I'd go with the bathtub, though the image of you standing there repeatedly flushing the toilet is amusing. As a note, I'd put one of those wire mesh things over the bathtub drain in case you have a lot of lint or whatever. You definintely don't want to be unclogging the bathtub after doing your laundry.

And I'm not impressed with IKEA, either.

-Shirley

8:18 PM, agosto 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

You know what drives me nuts? When people sign as Anonymous. Why not choose "Other" and fill in your name?

6:22 PM, agosto 11, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah. Or if you're going to sign in as "anonymous," at least sign your name at the end of your post, like Shirley does. Because otherwise I won't respond to your comment.

6:28 PM, agosto 12, 2005  

Posta un commento

<< Home