sabato, agosto 06, 2005

I went on a guided tour to the ruins of Pompei today. It was pretty spectacular. Got some great pictures. Normally I'm not a big fan of guided tours, but this guide was actually very good, and he went at exactly the right pace. We only saw about 1/4 of the place in a 2-1/2 hour time span, but that's really about all you can effectively take in at one time. And we got a lot more detail than if we had just run from spot to spot trying to cover the entire city. I got some really good pictures out of it. It'll be nice when I get DSL because then I'll actually be able to start throwing some pictures up here and make it all pretty. Of course, I can't get DSL until I get phone service. And I can't get phone service until September 2, because the entire country of Italy (really the entire continent of Europe) is on vacation until the end of August.