mercoledì, luglio 13, 2005

I hate Fox News. Unfortunately, AFN only has one news channel, and they sort of rotate coverage through CNN, Fox, and occasionally MSNBC. All of them suck, but I'm constantly reminded why I never watch Fox News unless that's all there is. This whole Karl Rove thing is ridiculous; there's a great story there, but they don't focus on the story; all they talk about is the media's coverage of the story. And whether it's "fair" and whether or not he did anything "illegal" (not once does the word "unethical" come up). It's just so frustrating. Finally, a story that could wake the media up from being the administration's tame lapdog, and I bet you five bucks it just won't happen. I could go on and on, but I'm trying not to make this blog too political. But now you know the hardships that the military has to put up with, having to actually watch Fox News from time to time. You know, it's pretty telling that Fox News anchors no longer report their slogan as "fair and balanced," now it's "the most powerful name in news."

And the term "homicide bomber" is about the stupidest damn term I ever heard. What's wrong with calling them a "suicide bomber"? Aren't most bombings done with the intent of committing homicide?

Actually, at first I was sort of annoyed that AFN carries so much Fox News, thinking, hmm...that's a pretty conservative, pro-administration network...is it just coincidence that the military TV network is carrying it? Of course, the other networks aren't much better. But then I notice that AFN also carries "The West Wing," thankfully, so maybe it's not as bad as I thought.

On the bright side, I finally got mail for the first time yesterday since I moved. Turns out there's a mailroom in the building where I work, but nobody in my office knew about it (since they normally distribute mail to the office where you work, but in my case, they had no idea what office I was in, so they just held it). Of course, I was very cheered to find a bill for $1500 in auto and property taxes due before August 1st. You'd think they could give you a little more time to budget that out.