mercoledì, agosto 09, 2006

Weekend Update

I want to get a boat. A bunch of us rented a 14' (or so) RHIB (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat) (you know, one of those raft-looking things with a big engine strapped to the back and a steering console in the middle) on Saturday and drove out to the islands of Procida and Ischia. Did some swimming (and some floating), paddled in to shore on Ischia and had a great lunch. Also managed to shred my hands and feet when I decided it would be a good idea to swim up to and climb on some rocks we had anchored near. Turns out they were lava rocks. Covered with tiny little barnacles and shellfish. Against which the waves kept washing me as I was getting out of and back into the water. Ouch.

Sunday I played 18 holes of golf for the first time in years. I got noticeably better as the day went on, and I think I can actually call myself "adequate" with the irons. I still can't drive to save my life. And the only thing the pitching wedge is good for as far as I'm concerned is to throw across the course in frustration.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

I clicked on one of your Google ads. You can put that chunk of change in your boat fund.

3:04 AM, agosto 12, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks. That's all I do all day at work, is visit my own blog and click on the ad links. Actually, the main reason I have those is for my own entertainment, to see what types of things Google decides my blog is related to that people want to see.

12:11 AM, agosto 16, 2006  

Posta un commento

<< Home