martedì, febbraio 07, 2006

Today was tax day in the household of the Italy Hodges. (Okay, the Italy Hodge, singular.) I love tax day, except that I get less and less money back every year. This year's isn't even enough to buy a kayak, although it is enough to buy a nice color GPS, especially when combined with the hypothetical Super Bowl pool winnings that I hypothetically got today. (Before you criticize me for frivolous spending when I should be saving for law school, please remember: I have to buy nice toys now while I still have an income. Think of the children.)

Of course, the cheap-ass state of Connecticut (or, as we natives call it, "Connectaxthehelloutofmeicut") isn't nearly as generous as the federal government, having refunded me a mere $29. And that was just because I checked the box in TurboTax next to "I have a nice smile." So hopefully I don't get audited.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

I saved $200 a month by switching my residency to Nevada. Stupid CT. They can go to hell if they think they're going to get more property tax money for my truck this year.

You should really get a tax guy. They can work wonders with us young single guys with more income than we know what to do with. (I was told to buy a house, but more beer seemed like a better idea.)

2:00 AM, febbraio 08, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

I had a house. It does actually make a huge difference, even just for half a year. Fortunately next year I'll be able to say "I didn't live in CT for a single day and I'm in the military, so give me my damn money back."

Maybe I can claim my wine as a deduction...is it a "work expense" if work drives me to drink?

6:58 AM, febbraio 08, 2006  

Posta un commento

<< Home