martedì, gennaio 31, 2006

So a couple friends of mine (we'll call them "Alex" and "Morgan") are leaving on Friday to go for six months to countries in the mid-east (we'll call them "Kuwait" and "Egypt," respectively). What sucks about that, besides not getting to see their lovely faces for the next six months, is that we feel compelled to go hang out with them every night until they leave. Even if it means going to bed four hours before getting up for work every night this week. Which looks like it's going to happen.

Also, I think my landlords actually are my parents in disguise. I forgot they had invited me up for dinner tonight, and made plans to go out with "Alex," "Morgan" and company. So my landlord comes down to get me for dinner, and the discussion could have come straight out of a high school drama. Translated from Italian to English, it basically went like this ("Antonio" being my landlord, and "Me" being me):

Antonio: Chris, it's time for dinner in about twenty minutes.
Me: Oh, no, I completely forgot. I'm so sorry. I was going to go for pizza with my friends.
Antonio: But we told you about this a couple days ago.
Me: I know. I'm so sorry; I forgot. I was going to go out with my friends because they leave on Friday for six months in Kuwait and Egypt.
Antonio: Call your friends and tell them you'll meet up with them after. Patrizia made a lot of food for you.
(Boy did I feel like the jackass at that point.)
Me: Fine, fine, I'll do that. I'm sorry.
Antonio: Also, we found pot in your bedroom.
Me: What?
Antonio: I can't believe you tried to hide that from us.
Me: What the hell were you doing in my bedroom?
Antonio: I own this house. I can go into whatever room I want.
Me: Why were you going through my drawers? That's my stuff! I can't believe you did that! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!
Antonio: If you don't like it, you can move out onto the street.
Me: Maybe I will! I'll probably be better taken care of out there!
Antonio: Fine. I want you out by morning. And don't come crying back to your mother and me because it's too cold.
Me: How 'bout we just forget about the whole thing and have some limoncello?
Antonio: Va bene.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

So....did you really have pot in your bedroom?

8:18 AM, gennaio 31, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm sorry, did I say pot in my bedroom? What I meant to say was cocaine in the drain line of the sink in my second bathroom.

12:41 AM, febbraio 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

You two must be related. I sense a missing brain cell or two!

2:11 AM, febbraio 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

so that's what happened to my stash that I brought over from Amsterdam!

4:44 PM, febbraio 01, 2006  

Posta un commento

<< Home