domenica, settembre 25, 2005

I should be joining the regular Internet world again shortly. The other night, my landlord came over to fix my front porch light (naturally bringing along a plate of chicken for me) and I asked if he knew a good place to go for DSL. Turns out his brother-in-law, who lives upstairs from me, works for Telecom Italia, the national phone company. So twenty minutes and three phone calls later, he tells me it'll be e20 a month, and my package should be here within ten days with my DSL modem and filter. It arrived yesterday, but for some reason it's not getting any signal, so I'm going to have to ask my landlord to figure out what's up.

Went to Oktoberfest on Friday. Well, the toned-down version of it. The Germans at the NATO base here put it on every year, and they did a great job. And by, "great job" I mean, "there was a ton of cheap, good beer and a lot of bratwurst." And some music and other cultural stuff.

Of course, I'm sure it was nothing compared to Colchester's "57 Fest."