lunedì, ottobre 24, 2005

My landlord and his sister just gave me another round of low-carb Italian food. (This is a word puzzle; you now get to delete the word from the preceding sentence that will cause it to make sense. Consider it practice for the GRE or LSAT. I'll give you a hint this time: it's got a hyphen in it.) They called it "pizza" because I don't think they thought I'd understand otherwise (and they're probably right). But it's really more of an olive-tomato-and-pepper pot pie. Or maybe pizza with an extra crust folded over top. Either way, it's great.

I told them about the Italian class that I started tonight. I thought they were going to jump off their balcony with joy. Should be a useful class--2-1/2 hours every Monday and Wednesday night from now until the middle of December. Tonight was kind of painful--rehashed a lot of stuff I had already learned, but in some ways it was very useful review. The only problem is that it's a conversational class, not for credit, so it sort of goes at the pace of the class. Which means it sort of slews towards the lowest common denominator. Who happens to be a really good guy, but he doesn't seem to have a particular aptitude for the Italian language. Which makes it go considerably slower than I'd really like it to. On the other hand, it's really nice to be taking a class again.