martedì, ottobre 18, 2005

I got to participate in the ultimate exercise in democracy last night: municipal elections. Yup, got my absentee ballot in the mail and promptly filled it out; mailed it this morning. I was a little disappointed to see that there wasn't a lot of choice among the candidates, and a few were even running unopposed (*cough* boardofeducation *cough**cough*). Although for the first time since I can remember voting in Colchester municipal elections, the Republicans actually ran a candidate for First Selectman. Maybe when I move back I'll register with the Green party and run as a third party candidate for selectman. That'd be a fun part-time thing to do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

I need to register as a Colchester voter tomorrow. Last day. Not sure why I really need to though, as the only reason I'm going is to vote for the *cough* unopposed *cough* board of education folks.

11:56 PM, ottobre 24, 2005  

Posta un commento

<< Home