martedì, ottobre 11, 2005

Went to a "hail and fairwell" for work tonight, an old naval tradition wherein we greet the new people in the office, but more importantly, say goodbye to someone who is leaving us. One of the admirals for whom I work was there (a two-star; to his credit he makes it to almost all of these things for the submarine guys, being a submariner himself). His wife is hilarious. Apparently she has three gorgeous triplet daughters who have just graduated college. You can see why that might be interesting to me. Anyway, she was thrilled with the fact that I was wearing a leather jacket, especially one made of such nice, soft, good quality leather, and she just went off on how good it was to see that being here for such a short time I had already started buying Italian clothing and dressing in Italian fashion.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was a Dockers jacket I bought at JC Penney in Waterford two years ago for about $90 at a 60% off sale.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

You SHOULD be buying Italian clothes ... lots and lots of them!

5:20 AM, ottobre 12, 2005  

Posta un commento

<< Home