giovedì, settembre 29, 2005

I have received word that my tenth high school reunion will be June 30th, 2006, in Las Vegas. No, I didn't go to school in Las Vegas, but it's a very popular place for Hawaii high school reunions, particularly for my school. The reason being that (a) most of my classmates were also military brats, and ended up coming back to the mainland after high school, and (b) every resident of Hawaii loves Vegas. Unfortunately, they ("they" being the two people who actually were good enough to get this thing off the ground) figured the Best Western as being the best place for the reunion. Which I suppose makes sense, since it does cost a lot of money for people to go to Vegas. And I can get just as sloshed at the Best Western as I can at the Bellagio, and probably lose less money doing it. However, a couple friends and I are probably going to stay somewhere on or close to the strip. Preliminary research (i.e., spending 5 minutes on Expedia.com) suggests that Treasure Island and Monte Carlo would be the most economical yet decent alternatives. (I'd love to stay at the Hard Rock, but it's a bit out of my price range.) Anyone who might have any knowledge of Vegas and happen to be reading this (and maybe know where I can get a good deal on a nice room), feel free to throw out your recommendations.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

Which Best Western? I can't think of any offhand that are in a really fun part of town. The one on Paradise could be good, but the rest are out there.

If only you had a brother who was dating somebody that works for MGM/Mirage and could get you friends and family rates. Let me know how many rooms you need and I'll let you know how much. If you're lucky you might get a room overlooking the Hawaiian Marketplace...it'll be just like you're back in the islands. Or whatever.

12:28 AM, settembre 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

I don't know whether I laugh harder reading Chris' blog or Tim's comments. You guys are absolutely hilarious...

12:56 AM, settembre 30, 2005  

Posta un commento

<< Home