martedì, dicembre 12, 2006

Follow me!

So this week I'm out of work (sort of--I went in at 4 and worked until 8 yesterday evening) to take the Navy's "Transition Assistance Program" class. This is basically a "how to get out of the military and survive" program, where they cover everything from how to write a resume to Veterans' Preference for jobs to how much wine the Navy will ship back for you. Yesterday we took the Meyers-Briggs personality assessment (I know the abbreviation is "MBTI," in which I think the TI stands for "Type Indicator," but I don't really feel like looking it up right now). Last time I took it was about 10 years ago, and I was an ENTJ, with a fairly weak E and a fairly week J. (If you want to know the types and what they mean, feel free to Google it; it's too involved to explain here. Besides, I get bored unless I talk about myself, so that's what I intend to do here.) Turns out this time I was a very strong ENTJ, with the E and J scores being much, much more pronounced than before. So it turns out (from www.personalitypage.com which is one of a thousand sites with the same info) that "ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people." Apparently I'm the same type as MacArthur and Napolean. Who knew? Of course, the descriptions were all spot-on about the failings of this type. "They tend to complain a lot about comparatively small matters." "Little details can get lost in pursuing the big goals." Stuff like that. Apparently I'm also going to make an overbearing spouse and parent. Well, on the bright side, "The ENTJ has many gifts which make it possible for them to have a great deal of personal power, if they don't forget to remain balanced in their lives. The are assertive, innovative, long-range thinkers with an excellent ability to translate theories and possibilities into solid plans of action. They are usually tremendously forceful personalities, and have the tools to accomplish whatever goals they set out for."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

I'm an INTJ ... with all of them pretty strong except the J ... over the years it's gone from totally J to midway up the J scale. I bet Tim is an INTP and Kate is an ESFP. What do you think?

6:29 AM, gennaio 02, 2007  

Posta un commento

<< Home