venerdì, dicembre 30, 2005

Alitalia does, in fact, suck. It was like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Four hours late taking off from Boston because they had to replace some valve that had to be flown up from New York (Note: I'm all about replacing valves before flying), which allowed me to spend some quality time with Elisa, the bartender in the airport bar. She reminded me a lot of Carla from Cheers. Except that she worked in an airport bar and wasn't as funny. The plane ride itself was awful; the seats were cramped and uncomfortable, you couldn't see the TVs if you had a window seat, and it just generally sucked, for lack of a better term. Had to stand in line for two hours in Milan to get rebooked to Rome (which flight also took off an hour late, by the way) so got to Rome 8 hours after I was supposed to. Went to grab a rental car to drive back down to Naples, but hey, guess who forgot to reserve a car? Of course, nobody had any available, so I had to take the train back to Naples and have a friend pick me up from the station and bring me to my car. Good thing, too, because the two-hour train ride was the most relaxing part of the trip.

On the bright side, I slept for fourteen (yes, as in 14) hours yesterday (non-consecutively: a ten-hour stretch, two-and-a-half hours awake, and then a four hour stretch) in an attempt to adjust myself to my work schedule, as starting last night I'm working three days of 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. shifts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonimo said...

So what you're saying is when I go to Italy, plan plenty of time to actually get there.

3:30 PM, dicembre 30, 2005  
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah. Like whatever it says on the arrival time for your flight, plus 18 hours.

12:49 AM, dicembre 31, 2005  

Posta un commento

<< Home