lunedì, aprile 03, 2006

Saturday in the park

Ran a 5k road race on Saturday morning; first one in ages. Couple of reasons. 1) It's the (re-) start of my "Get Chris Back in Shape" program (I figure now that I've been cosmetically altered to have Brad Pitt's face, I might as well get myself the body to match), and 2) it was a fundraiser for the Naples area 106th Submarine Birthday Ball. And I happen to be the co-chair of the Naples area Submarine Birthday Ball Committee. Compare to being the prom committee chairman. Complete with meddling principal and everything.

Got home from the race and it was a gorgeous day, so I decided to help out my landlord and his wife and do some work in the yard. Sat out in the sun for an hour and a half pulling weeds and listening to Jimmy Buffett. Then my landlord and his wife and his mom had to twist my arm to get me to go eat lunch with them. Oh well, life is tough, right? We had, among other things, "spaghetti putanesca." Which is sort of a curious name, given that "putana" is a less-than complementary term for a woman of questionable morals. But the spaghetti was good.